Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sugar and Sugar and everything Sugar.

Malaysia...the many colors of people. The many variaties of food. Eastern, western, fusion and etc. Be it, you name it we got it. Introduce whatever here, malaysians, they take it in and easily adapt to it and start craving for it. Me no excluded, I like food. I like to eat. That's why I am like I am right now. A "bit" overweight. hahahaha!

This last few month, the madness and craving is for Indonesian food. If it's not Nasi Padang, Masak Lemak Pucuk Ubi plus Gulai Urat Keting Lembu.... It will be Nasi Ayam Penyet with it's fiery sambal...perghhh!!! feels like you're flying :P hehehehe...

Before that will be everything japanese...Sushi & sushi & sushi & sushii. But going back to Penang the food heaven of malaysia, will be all the time South Indian food, Nasi kandar, Capati, Tosei... and chinese char kuey teow, hokkien mee, kuey teow sup and more and more and more...

Uurgghh! Am getting hungry now from talking about all those food on a fasting day of Syaaban.

Ok,back to business...uu..I am actually writing about this sweet-sweet seasonal snacks (can we call it snacks..well apa pun xpala) that's popping up one after the other. I still remember during my younger years when I came down to KL every end of the year, the only famous sweet snacks was Dunkin Donuts.
The only place I know at that time selling those were at Pudu Station and the Mall KL. So everytime when we came down to KL we would pack a large box of those sweet donuts to take home and by the time we reach Penang, those donuts would turn out to be as hard as a rock hahaha..those were the days. Nowadays, the dunk your donuts days are gone. There are now lighter and colorful donuts....Crave is different..Donuts store are like starbucks or coffeebean (oh! im a coffee addict any kind of coffee hehehe). First there's Big Apple ,

and there's J'co,
there's also Krispy Kreme.

Sugar, sugar and more sugar...I went crazy for a while. Every week must have a Donut & Coffee day until one I saw white particles flying in my eyes from excess sugar...dushhh!!!! so I slow down....but than the sugars keeps coming and coming...

The seasons kinda got updated with more..cupcakes...all events cupcakes..birthdays, weddings, anniversary, engagement.....anything, everything is cupcakes....goodgod...!!!!

See? How can you resist those "beeeaaautiful" colors and SUGAR. But, I am not that into cupcakes. Now just recently, everybody is talking about this new thing. Adding more to the "sugar diets". "Macaroons, macaroons...first I thought what the hell is this macaroon..then I saw it at one of the stores in Empire...Owh that's Macaroon..Googled it and owh!! it's French Connection...and a whole few other version of it...

Colorful, pretty, various flavor. So I bought a pack of this macaroon just because of the variation of colors. My god! They're expensive. Those 12 piece 50cents size macaroons cost me about RM 25 ringgit and my god the taste, it's sooo crazy sweet. Think if I finish it I would end up hospitalised. Dont this people realise what they're doing to the
body.

Ok, why am I posting all this Sugar, Sugar and sugar thing?

Actually it's just to remind myself. My SIL was hospitalised and had an operation becos her gum was swollen and its the effect from her diabetes. The day she was hospitalised, her blood sugar rose to 34mols and she could died from strokes the effects from excessive sugar. All this are to remind myself what could happen if I have an uncontrolled amount of sugar brought in to my body. Nowadays I am trying to not have sugar in my drinks and try avoiding sweet-sweet food.

Prevention is better than Cure...cus there wont be anybody to help us except ourselves.

If any of the above statement doesn't make any sense, thousand apologies...Got to say 작별 인사..time for Solah..bye-bye for now all видеть вас снова (the power of google translation)